This is a follow up to my sermon from my series “What’s In Your Well? … 7 Life Affirming Virtues”. This particular virtue was on “Meekness.” Practically speaking, here are some…
Recommendations for defeating selfish anger:
1. Repeat a centering prayer such as this: “(Inhale deeply) Jesus Christ Son of God… (exhale deeply) have mercy on me a sinner.”
2. Decide now to be a forgiver.
3. Decide now to trust God to take care of those who sin against you.
4. Eliminate caffeine. (I did this for several years and found this to be the most helpful thing I’ve ever done in addressing selfish anger.)
Here’s what others have said:
1. (Rebecca Konyndyk DeYoung) Journal. Rate your feelings of anger on a scale of one to five, with five being the most extreme anger. Put the journal down for some time. Later, come back to it. Read your entries. Ask yourself, do you still feel the anger?
2. (Andy Stanley) Tell your story of anger.