Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going Against the Flow

[Sorry, I sent this out by mistake. I meant to send it out on TELL ME A STORY. Write, and I'll give you your money back. :)]
            It is always hard to go against the crowd. Marvin Olasky told the story several years ago about an absent-minded fellow who was driving down the interstate—when his cell phone rang.
            He answered and heard his wife urgently warn him, “I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on the interstate. Please be careful!”
            Her husband replied, “It's not just one car, honey, it's hundreds of them!”
            I believe that's the way it is sometimes going against our culture. But in the case of Christians, we are going the right way (hopefully!) and the crowd is not.
            One of the things I appreciate about the prophet Elijah is he was willing to go against the crowd. May Christ's followers today do the same today.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Amen! Thanks for the reminder!